Monday, January 16, 2012

Confection by Error

In an effort to keep my New Year's resolution alive, I'm starting yet another blog. I have this dream of opening a cupcakery one day, so I have so start somewhere. Writing about my failures and successes (always failures first) in the kitchen is a great place to begin.


The name "Confection by Error" came about when I was in the kitchen trying another new recipe--I think it was for kale chips (ew, by the way)--and I was telling my boyfriend that I usually have to try a new recipe once and create a humungous disaster before I can try the recipe again and have it turn out. I told him that when I opened my cupcakery, I could call it "Perfection by Error." A few seconds later we both looked at each other and said, "Confection by Error." And behold, the name has stuck. 


So yes, I may write about some of my other adventures outside of confections (i.e., kale chips), but my focus is on the sweet side. I bake way more than I cook; I enjoy eating sweets way more than I enjoy eating real food. It's a sickness really...


Until I post my first confection, 
June

No comments:

Post a Comment