Sunday, October 6, 2013

Apple Peel Treats

I used the apple peels from the Fall Apple Crisp recipe to make these "dog treats." I tested them on my friends before I fed them to the dogs though, and both humans and canines were pleased.

What I used:
Apple peels from 8 apples
1 teaspoon cinnamon
a splash of water

What I did:
I preheated the oven to 250 degrees fahrenheit. I had the apple peels in a large mixing bowl and splashed them with water and then coated them with 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.

I lined a cookie sheet with tinfoil and sprayed it with non-stick cooking spray. I spread the peels out in a single layer on the cookie sheet and placed them in the oven.


I baked the peels for an hour before I turned them over and baked for another hour and 1/2. They came out crispier than I thought they would, and they're really tart. The dogs love them, so it's a win. 




No comments:

Post a Comment