Saturday, April 7, 2012

Chocolate dipped chocolate chip cookies


Being home the whole week on Spring break, I had to do a bit of baking. I love working in my mom's kitchen because she has so many cool gadgets that I don't have. It has become sort of a custom for me to make these chocolate chip cookies when I come home because Dad loves them so much.

What I used:
1 cup dark brown sugar (I would have used light brown sugar, but we were out)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup butter flavored shortening
2 tbs milk
1 tbs vanilla
1 egg
1 3/4 cup flour
1 tbs baking soda
1 tbs salt
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

1 package Hershey's semi-sweet baking bar plus 2 oz leftover chocolate

How I did it:
I preheated the oven to 375 degrees. Then I combined the wet ingredients (sugars, shortening, milk, vanilla, and an egg) and mixed with the KitchenAid mixer. 


As the wet ingredients were mixing in the KitchenAid mixer, I combined the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, and salt). 


I slowly added the dry mixture to the wet mixture. 


Then I added the chocolate chips to the mixture.


I used a small cookie scoop to drop the dough in small rounds on the ungreased cookie sheets. I baked the cookies for 10 minutes.


I let the cookies cool on parchment paper and then melted the baking blocks. I dipped the ends of the cookies in the chocolate and placed them on the parchment paper. I slid the chocolate dipped cookies in the fridge for about 30 minutes, and now they're finished and delicious!


Rating:
I've made these so many times before, but they are a family favorite. The chocolate chip cookies are good on their own, but the chocolate dipping adds that extra bit of "mmmm."

1 comment:

  1. Dad loves my oatmeal raisin cookies more. Chomp on that.

    ReplyDelete